Private Photography Lessons
One-size-fits-all rarely suits anyone well, so I’m here to accommodate you, your schedule, and your unique photography goals.
Just bought a new camera and can’t get it to give you the results you were hoping for?
Been using a DSLR for a few years now and want to take more control by using manual exposure?
I can help you navigate through these things and more, while helping you gain more confidence and consistency in creating higher-quality photos of whatever you love to shoot.
Possible Areas of Instruction:
– Essential DSLR camera functions and how to use them to create well-lit, crisp images
– Capturing the light: Understanding the basics of exposure and how they apply to both automatic and manual exposure modes
– When to use flash (it’s not as often as you think!)
– Equipment: what’s necessary, what’s not, and how to get the most for your money
– Enhancing your images: post processing in Adobe Lightroom
Mentoring Session Fee: $50 per hour
Includes hands-on instruction at your home or the location of your choice. This format allows you to book only the amount of time needed for your unique situation. Let me know what you’re looking for and I’ll suggest an appropriate amount of time and we’ll go from there.
To participate you must own a DSLR (interchangeable lens) camera, any make & model.
**Please note: though I am available to mentor photographers with varied skill levels, mentoring sessions are geared toward non-professional hobbyists and amateurs who love to take pictures of their kids, pets, vacations, or the world around them just for the fun of it. At this time I am not offering mentoring to those looking to earn a living as a photographer.